Dubai academic city takes part in Seoul expo
Dubai, July 9, 2008
Dubai International Academic City (DIAC), a member of Tecom Investments, is showcasing its international higher education offerings at a key expo in South Korea.
The exhibition and a workshop are being organised by the Times Higher Education (THE) - Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings in Seoul.
The workshop served as a curtain-raiser for the fourth QS Asia Pacific Professional Leaders in Education Conference and Exhibition (APPLE), which opened today (July 9) and will run until July 11.
The workshop was attended by over 100 delegates including university presidents, vice chancellors, deans and other top planners of university strategy and policy. It highlighted key aspects about rankings, its mechanism and impact on universities and students.
Dubai International Academic City recently announced its partnership with the international body to serve as a sponsor for THE-QS World University Rankings’ seminars and workshops scheduled to be held during 2008.
THE-QS World University Rankings is an annual publication of university rankings around the world, published by The Times Higher Education Supplement (THES) and Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). THE-QS ranking confers recognition to universities based on several multiple indicators such as quality of research, research training, peer and recruiter reviews, along with the competency of students and faculty.
Dr Ayoub Kazim, executive director, Dubai Knowledge Village and Dubai International Academic City, said: “It is important for us to partner with international academic bodies such as the prestigious THE–QS World University Rankings. We are aware of the crucial role the leading academic institution plays in the holistic evaluation of universities that enables comparison of institutions across borders. This provides a fair referral to the academics, students and universities of comparative international university quality and promotes the internationalisation of education.”
Commenting on DIAC’s participation in the conference, Dr Kazim added: “We are extremely privileged to participate in the fourth QS Asia Pacific Professional Leaders in Education Conference and Exhibition. This is our third participation in the event, which has been a significant forum for exhibiting, networking and exchanging best practices among higher education leaders in Europe, Asia and Australia. In addition, the event has proved an excellent platform to showcase the strategy, vision and mission of Dubai International Academic City that is set to be the regional hub for international higher education in the region.”
Complementing Dubai’s strategic mission to build a holistic knowledge-based economy, Dubai International Academic City endeavours to offer programmes that foster the creation of a rich talent pool, matching the country’s range of booming sectors. The cluster provides enabling opportunities for top-tier global universities to create their distinctive identity by establishing their campuses in Dubai. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- UAE companies set to hire more freshers
- Gulf education expo brand enters Mexico
- Nasdaq Dubai to provide Claritas preparation course
- Alhosn hosts architectural expo in Abu Dhabi
- University in pay row with Bahraini faculty
- Bahrain to host novel protocol training programme
- Bahrain jobless rate 'very low'
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle