Deyaar offers scholarships for DWC students
Dubai, October 27, 2008
Deyaar Development has launched an annual scholarship programme for aspiring Emirati students at Dubai Women’s College (DWC).
As per a Memorandum of Understanding between Deyaar and DWC, the company has committed to offer annual scholarships for 10 national students, covering all their education-related expenses for the lifetime of the scholarship.
“Founded nearly two decades ago, DWC stands at the forefront of educational provision in the UAE, providing young women with the knowledge and skills necessary to compete in the country’s increasingly globalised workplace,” said Nasser Bin Hassan Al-Shaikh, director-general of the Dubai Department of Finance and chairman of Deyaar.
“This initiative by Deyaar is an excellent example of the type of corporate social responsibility that we need more of in Dubai,” said Dr Howard Reed, senior director at the Higher Colleges of Technology and director of DWC.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Bahrain SMEs sector 'vital to economy'
- Bahrain to host entrepreneurship forum
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre