Bahrain to host key management forum
Manama, December 16, 2008
Bahrain is set to host the 12th Project Management Institute - Arabian Gulf Chapter (PMI-AGC) conference next month.
The event, under the patronage of Prime Minister Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, will be held at the Gulf Hotel's Gulf International Convention and Exhibition Centre from January 27 to 29.
"There will also be an exhibition to accompany the conference, while pre- and post-conference tutorial sessions will be held on the sidelines," said PMI-AGC Bahrain vice-president Majeed Al Gassab.
"There has always been a demand for such an event and on previous occasions, it has attracted in excess of a thousand delegates," he said.
Al Gassab said the conference theme is 'Dawn of a new era - paradigm shift in project management'. "The theme was carefully crafted to emphasise the reality that we need to do things more innovatively, he said.
"This event serves as a forum for project management practitioners, engineers, planners, academicians and management to interact, share their experiences, improve their knowledge and showcase their projects and best practices."
He said the Gulf region is shaping a new era of global challenges. "The unparalleled level of growth in all industries in the region has brought about massive opportunities for our local countries and citizens which will provide significant local and global investments."
He said the region is becoming a pace setter for planning and execution of world class projects. "Our region is now leading others and forming new models in project planning and execution for others to follow. Our success depends on our professionalism and appropriate control."
He said the conference will feature more than 40 keynote, featured and technical speakers.
"The event is fully supported by the Works Ministry to enhance the knowledge and efficiency of project managers to meet the new challenges and achieve sustainable growth in our region," he said.
"Among them will be Works Minister Fahmi Al Jowder and PMI US chief executive and president Greg Balestro." -TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam