DSOA ties up with Dubai Tourism
Dubai, June 17, 2009
Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) has signed a MoU with Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) to provide services and support for companies aspiring to develop hospitality ventures within the DSO.
According to this agreement, DTCM will take the responsibility for licensing and categorizing hotels according to DTCM regulations. It will also ensure the implementation of all other procedures related to tourism events activities.
The MoU was signed by Dr Mohammed Al Zarouni, chief executive officer of DSOA, and Khalid A. bin Sulayem, director-general of DTCM, in the presence of senior officials from both organizations.
Dr Al Zarouni said: 'Since the establishment of Dubai Silicon Oasis we have endeavored to develop the technology park into a fully integrated community that offers enabling services and facilities to all our customers.'
'Consequently, we have been engaged with several governmental departments and signed various agreements and contracts that will serve to achieve the ambitious objectives for our business partners.'
“Through this partnership, DTCM will be responsible for licensing companies aspiring to develop hospitality ventures at DSO. In addition, it will also oversee tourism related events and activities that will complement the overall deliverables of the technology hub,” he added.
Khaled A. bin Sulayem, DTCM director general said the agreement falls in line within the framework of cooperation and strategic partnership between the DTCM and public and private sector organizations to enhance the tourism industry standards and services.
'This will go a long way in enlarging the scope of tourism industry and help regulate the hospitality sector to better the tourism product offering of Dubai,' he noted.
“Companies that are interested in hospitality business will benefit from the DTCM’s expertise and efforts to promote and market Dubai across the word. This partnership between DSO and DTCM will help create better synergies for better tourism standards and regulations for the hospitality sector,” he added.
DSO is a free zone technology park for semiconductor, microelectronics and other high technology-based companies looking to set up their regional headquarters and R&D facilities in the Middle East and North Africa region.
DSOA is the regulatory body for DSO, the region’s premier integrated innovations hub for high-tech industries.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai