PMU discusses tie-ups with US, UK bodies
Al Khobar, December 25, 2010
Saudi Arabia’s Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University (PMU) recently discussed plans to start mutual collaborations with American Society of Safety Engineers and the UK-based National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (Nebosh).
PMU would possibly collaborate with ASSE/Nebosh to offer diplomas in safety engineering soon, a statement said.
The visit provided chance for ASSE/Nebosh representatives to explore prospects to work with PMU. The visiting team indicated that “curriculum/courses in safety areas have already been developed that can be best used for short term training/certification and degree programmes.”
Both ASSE/Nebosh and PMU discussed approaches to develop long-term relation by constant effort to find educational opportunities for local society on safety related programmes.
Collaboration projects may include setting up venue for short-term training and certification of safety professionals to benefit local industries besides long-term specialized training and degree courses.
Such ideas will be taken into the next level by PMU in collaboration with ASSE/Nebosh, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA