J4B hosts first career skills seminar
Manama, March 1, 2011
Jobs4Bahrainis.com, the first private sector initiative dedicated exclusively to improving the employment prospects of Bahraini nationals, witnessed good response at its first career skills seminar held in Manama.
A joint venture between Gulf Connexions, the Kingdom’s leading recruitment company and Al Hilal Group, a top regional publishing organisation, J4B said 30 Bahrainis aged between 18 and 24 attended the first of its six career skills seminars.
Entitled "Developing a Compelling CV and Letter of Application," the seminar was conducted at the Bahrain Conference Centre, Crowne Plaza Hotel, by British teacher and corporate training specialist Adrian Henson.
The seminar is part of Jobs4Bahrainis.com’s ‘Essential Employment Skills for Success’ programme, the core objective of which is to showcase the different skills sets an individual needs to be successful in either their job search or work environment, said a J4B statement.
Bahrainis with diverse career interests and aims attended the event, it added.
Maryam Ali, a 19-year old planning a career in education, said: “The seminar has given me important tips on how to prepare my CV and supporting documents so they stand out to employers. Above all, it has given me greater confidence in the quality of my future job applications, which I hope will lead to a good job.”
J4B business development manager Ali Daylami said: "We are delighted with the excellent response to the seminar, which demonstrates the passion young Bahraini job seekers have for their careers and their willingness to go the extra mile to gain vital skills to compete in the jobs market."
"It was particularly encouraging to see the audience interacting so enthusiastically with Adrian, the trainer, which brought the gathering to life," he added.
The programme is open to all Bahraini nationals on a first come, first served basis. Registration must be made in advance by calling 17565359.
The next seminar will be held under the topic "Developing Success at Interviews," on March 26 from 9am to 3pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, which is sponsoring the venue, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- UAE companies set to hire more freshers
- Gulf education expo brand enters Mexico
- Nasdaq Dubai to provide Claritas preparation course
- Alhosn hosts architectural expo in Abu Dhabi
- University in pay row with Bahraini faculty
- Bahrain to host novel protocol training programme
- Bahrain jobless rate 'very low'
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle