Microsoft unveils 'Student Select' in Qatar
Doha, June 1, 2011
Microsoft and Qatar Foundation, have launched “Student Select”, an initiative to provide heavily discounted software to students and community members.
The initiative was set up to further Microsoft and Qatar Foundation’s dedication to delivering quality education in the country.
Students can access the latest Microsoft software by logging on to the web portal and ordering their digital copy downloads of the latest Microsoft products, including Microsoft Office Professional 2010. The cost is significantly cheaper.
“In offering the most up-to-date products to the Qatar Foundation community at significantly discounted academic prices, we ensure students and educators are working towards a knowledge-based society built on technology – building an even more robust future for Qatar,” said Mohammed Hammoudi, country manager Microsoft Qatar.
“One of the Qatar Foundation’s primary aims is to make Qatar a leader in innovation, education and research. By providing youth with the opportunities and technology needed to become pioneers in the modern world, we are preparing to build the knowledge base for Qatar’s future that is the students of today,” added Khalid A. Al-Sulaiteen, executive director of operations, Qatar Foundation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA