Ahlia sets up external advisory council
Manama, November 1, 2011
Bahrain’s Ahlia University has set up an external advisory council comprising people occupying high positions in public and private sectors, professors from international universities and heads of professional associations.
The step is aimed at reinforcing community engagement and curricula development, the university said.
During the council’s first meeting held recently, Professor Abdulla Al Hawaj, president of Ahlia University, said: ”Ahlia is moving forward in steady steps in accordance with the strategic plan approved by the Board of Trustees towards acquiring highest results in the international evaluation. The university aspires to be included among the top 500 universities in the world.”
The aim of the council is to keep pace with economic, social, technological and academic developments and to continuously update curricula and programs provided by Ahlia, the university said. –TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged