Illegal visas ‘hindering jobs for Bahrainis’
Manama, January 4, 2012
The illegal visa market was still hindering the employment of Bahrainis, said a senior government official.
"The Labour Market Regulatory Authority has managed to bring the cost of Bahraini and expatriate labourers to similar rates, but this got affected due to various changes in the market," said Labour Minister Jameel Humaidan.
"The cost of an expatriate is now BD167 ($442.9) a month compared to a Bahraini who costs employers BD246 a month.
"There is another problem with Bahrainis' employment and that is the ongoing free visa situation requiring new solutions,” he added.
Humaidan was responding to a question by MP Mohammed Al Ammadi on reasons for the apparent lack of enthusiasm in the market to hire Bahrainis. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Bahrain SMEs sector 'vital to economy'
- Bahrain to host entrepreneurship forum
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre
- Workplace diversity focus of forum
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai