BIC reinstates staff sacked over unrest
Manama, January 17, 2012
Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) officials welcomed back dozens of staff members who were reinstated on Sunday, having previously been sacked in connection with the unrest last year.
It followed an announcement by the BIC on Wednesday that sacked employees would return to work in line with the recommendations of the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry (BICI).
The meeting was held at BIC's media centre, where speeches were made by BIC chairman Zayed Al Zayani, chief executive officer Shaikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa and Labour Ministry Assistant Under-Secretary for Labour Affairs Dr Mohammed Ali Al Ansari.
"In accordance with the directives of His Majesty King Hamad, in the spirit of reconciliation - following with the recommendations of the BICI report - the board of the Bahrain International Circuit warmly welcomes back our employees and looks forward to them rejoining the BIC family," said Al Zayani.
"We are approaching a crucial time of the year at the BIC, with the hosting of the Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix coming up in three months' time.
"We look forward to working again as one unit, as we have done in the past, to show the world what Bahrain is really about."
He also thanked those who had filled vacant positions.
"The Labour Ministry appreciates all the efforts made by the BIC in reinstating the staff who had been dismissed during the earlier part of last year. The BIC continues to lead the way in employee development, and it remains a model for businesses in the kingdom to follow," Dr Al Ansari said.
"Today's gathering is an important step that emphasises the spirit of friendship between all staff members. We look forward to all the businesses in the kingdom to follow the example of the BIC." – TradeArabia News Service