Etisalat, university deploy education solution
Abu Dhabi, June 7, 2012
Etisalat, in partnership with UAE University (UAEU), has successfully deployed its transformational m-education solution, Blackboard Mobile Learn for the university’s Al Ain campus, an official said.
Blackboard Mobile Learn will enable over 13,000 students and teachers at the university to gain instant access to their courses and content on their handheld devices, the statement said.
It will help students turn their mobile phone device into an inspiring learning tool, it said.
Abdulla Al Ahmed, senior vice president, business at Etisalat, said: “At Etisalat, we are committed to harnessing the power of the mobile technology for the socio-economic development of the country. Etisalat’s m-education solution is geared to support the education sector of the UAE and provide students and academic staff with enhanced mobility and flexibility.”
“This innovative application of the mobile technology will enrich all aspects of the education experience by engaging and assessing students, making their daily lives more convenient and helping the university accomplish an unmatched teaching and learning experience,” he said.
“Success in the education sector requires responsiveness, consistency and flexibility. Mobility delivers in each of these areas and will help UAEU in meeting its strategic objectives to develop highly-educated and efficient youth,” said Afraa Ali Al Shamsi, chief technology officer of UAE University.
“We believe that bringing mobile technology within the university will significantly change the competitive landscape and inspire teaching and learning. UAEU is initiating a key transformation and focusing on mobility. To that end, the launch of Blackboard Mobile Learn for UAEU with the cooperation of Etisalat is just the beginning of our journey in this innovative direction,” Al Shamsi added.
Powered by Etisalat’s high speed mobile network, the m-education solution will be compatible with Android and BlackBerry phones and iOS-powered devices, including iPads. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- UAE companies set to hire more freshers
- Gulf education expo brand enters Mexico
- Nasdaq Dubai to provide Claritas preparation course
- Alhosn hosts architectural expo in Abu Dhabi
- University in pay row with Bahraini faculty
- Bahrain to host novel protocol training programme
- Bahrain jobless rate 'very low'
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle