Ithmaar backs education scholarship fund
Manama, December 25, 2012
Ithmaar Bank, a Bahrain-based Islamic retail bank, helped support a local charity that provides an Education Scholarship Fund (ESF) for children of financially challenged families.
Established by the Pakistani Women’s Association (PWA), the ESF helps children escape the poverty trap and, in doing so, helps increase the level of enlightenment in society.
Ithmaar’s cheque in support of the Fund was presented to the PWA president, Azra Mohammed Mohsin, by Ithmaar Bank chief executive officer and member of the board, Mohammed Bucheerei.
“As a pioneering Islamic bank, Ithmaar recognises the important role that education plays in developing our society at large and, more importantly, the significant role we must play in supporting such initiatives,” said Bucheerei.
“The PWA has been engaged in contributing to local charities for the past fourteen years and the ESF is one of their most important charitable initiatives. We are privileged to be able to help support this noble initiative,” he added.
“The Fund currently supports more than 100 children in the current academic year,” said Mohsin.
“The scholarship recipients have worked hard to remain in the programme and they are relying on the Fund’s financial support to fulfil their aspirations. This, in turn, is possible only because of the generous support of people and organisation like Ithmaar,” she added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA
- Kipco honours Kuwaiti students