Tamkeen backs 36 companies at lifestyle expo
Manama, June 29, 2013
Bahrain's labour fund Tamkeen said it has supported the participation of 36 companies at the three-day AlDana Expo 2013, a leading fashion and lifestyle exhibition, in Manama.
The event was held at the Gulf Hotel from June 27 to 29.
The total contribution by Tamkeen to the benefiting companies totaled BD17,280 (45,566), a significant increase compared to 2012 which saw participation from 28 companies with total contribution from Tamkeen reaching just over BD4,500. Most of the benefiting enterprises are owned by businesswomen.
Tamkeen said the funding for the participating companies through its “Tarweej” scheme comes in line with the company's objective to enable businesses in Bahrain to enhance their capabilities and growth.
Commenting on the initiative, acting VP (Private Sector Support) Mohammed Bucheery said, “It is encouraging to see more business owners, particularly SME’s, becoming more innovative and shrewd in how they utilise these trade shows and exhibitions to maximise their exposure. Such events are the perfect platform to not only showcase products and services, but also to network, gain market insights, and build lasting business relationships.”
The “Tarweej” scheme enables companies to gain wide exposure through local, regional, and international exhibitions. All eligible companies in Bahrain may benefit from the scheme, but need to apply one month in advance of the desired event, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- New skills 'should be included in school curricula'
- DEZ to launch 'Smart Summer ' camp
- UAE sees faster jobs, salaries growth in 2014
- Kaspersky Lab appoints EMT as training centre
- New fee structure likely for Bahrain manpower agencies
- Silah Gulf unveils big GCC expansion plan
- Bahrainisation levels up in public, private sectors
- UAE companies set to hire more freshers
- Gulf education expo brand enters Mexico
- Nasdaq Dubai to provide Claritas preparation course
- Alhosn hosts architectural expo in Abu Dhabi
- University in pay row with Bahraini faculty
- Bahrain to host novel protocol training programme
- Bahrain jobless rate 'very low'
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce