Confucius Institute for University of Bahrain
Beijing, September 17, 2013
A Confucius Institute will be set up at the University of Bahrain (UoB), following a co-operation agreement signed as part of His Majesty King Hamad's visit to China.
The non-profit organisation will help develop friendship between the people of Bahrain and China by teaching Chinese and holding cultural activities as well as organising exchange visits for students and academics, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The deal was signed by UoB president and the Confucius Institute's secretary-general.
An agreement to boost joint co-operation in health care was also signed yesterday.
It was signed by Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Ghanim Fadhel Al Buainain and chairperson of the National Commission for Health and Family Planning in China Lee Bin.
The agreement includes co-operation in alternative medicine and medical sciences through the exchange of information and expertise. The health ministries of both countries would also co-operate with private sector institutions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA