Emirati students explore career paths at forum
Abu Dhabi, September 24, 2013
Mubadala, an Abu Dhabi-based investment and development company, hosted a event which encouraged Emiratis to dialogue about the fields and career paths available in the UAE.
The Youth Forum, under the theme ‘Our Future, Your Ambition,’ provided students with an opportunity to hear from leading figures across a range of professions, said a statement.
The initiative was an integral component of Weyana, Mubadala’s youth platform, which aims to prepare today’s youth for the vital role they will play in the country’s economic and social development, it said.
The event opened with the screening of ‘Abu Dhabi Across Generations,’ a documentary that highlighted the fundamental role of education in developing professions, communities and civilisations through a series of personal and inspiring stories.
Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak, CEO and managing director of Mubadala, delivered opening remarks focusing on the development of Emirati talent and referencing role models from within the group who have embraced local and international roles in cutting-edge sectors.
The focus of the forum was on the importance of international education and work experience and the impact they have on one’s mindset; and the approach students should adopt when building their career roadmap. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry