Julphar plans H1N1 vaccine output in 2010
Abu Dhabi, September 23, 2009
United Arab Emirates-based Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries (Julphar) plans to start producing an H1N1 vaccine early next year.
Julphar said in a statement on the Abu Dhabi bourse website it would start production after obtaining the technology and raw materials for the vaccine in January.
It said revenue from the vaccine's production would depend on demand, without giving further details.
Julphar said last week it had acquired exclusive rights to manufacture an H1N1 vaccine from China's Hualan Biological.
The company said it would seek to sell and market the single-shot vaccine, which has been approved by Chinese health authorities, in the Middle East and North Africa. - Reuters
More Health & Environment Stories
- Bahrain launches major clean-up drive
- ‘Barely 50pc in Bahrain eat 3 meals a day’
- Ooredoo, Messi team up for children’s health
- Elan buys $40m stake in Dubai pharma group
- BA wins top business ethics awards
- MAF Dalkia inks service deal for TDIC project
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Abu Dhabi taps into non-oil sectors for growth
- Bahrain, Saudi hospitals in transplant tie-up
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign