Covidien completes sale of sleep therapy products
Dublin, August 30, 2010
Covidien, a leading provider of healthcare products, said it has completed the sale of its 'sleep therapy' continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) and bi-level products to PH Invest, a privately held company located in Luxembourg.
The sale included the manufacturing facility in Nancy, France, and related commercial operations in Europe and products sold under GoodKnight and Sandman brands, said a statement from Covidien.
The company however did not disclose the financial terms of the transaction.
The sale was made following a thorough review and evaluation of a number of strategic alternatives, the company said.
Covidien said the decision was consistent with its strategy to streamline portfolio and reallocate resources to its faster-growing, higher-margin businesses, where the company has, or can develop, a global competitive advantage.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs