Bahrain Capital Club launches green drive
Manama, March 29, 2012
Capital Club, Bahrain’s premier private business club, recently launched an exclusive ‘Go Green’ initiative to encourage its employees to come up with creative eco-friendly ideas.
The aim of this special initiative was to heighten awareness on a range of environmental issues including recycling and waste and carbon emission reductions. Tips on how to effectively recycle or re-use unwanted items for a good cause at work and at home were also given.
During the month of March, the different department heads at Capital Club encouraged colleagues to get involved in the initiative.
A competition was organised in which each department was required to come up with creative ideas to encourage eco-friendly behaviour, with a prize on offer for the best masterpiece using recycled materials.
The entries were judged by Shahnaz Pakravan, interim club manager of Capital Club.
The winners of the competition were the Food & Beverage and Kitchen teams. In addition supplementary prizes were given away to the Member Relations and Housekeeping teams. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases