CSH marks World Diabetes Day
Dubai, November 12, 2012
Canadian Specialist Hospital (CSH), one of the largest private hospitals in Dubai catering to the tertiary health care needs, held a health awareness event yesterday to mark World Diabetes Day.
The hospital organised an informational and engaging interaction with special diabetes educators as well as a range of complimentary healthcare related activities, including free blood pressure and blood glucose tests.
Close to 300 visitors and patients from different communities were in attendance, taking advantage of the available tests without the need for appointments.
A school teacher with about 12 enthusiast students of different age groups, all wearing lab coats, were also brought in to observe the activities and receive a basic education on diabetes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Egypt charity launches thalassemia campaign
- Disease focus for Dubai cardio summit
- Masdar, World Bank team up on clean tech
- Patient-to-nurse spread of SARS-like virus reported
- 40 medics to participate in Seha programme
- Bahrain to discuss SARS action with WHO
- Saudi Health sees big visitor turnout
- Etisalat to join GSMA diabetes drive
- Ultra-low salt intake may not boost health