Dubai consultant wins Cleveland award
Dubai, January 30, 2013
Cleveland Clinic presented the second annual Cleveland Clinic Young Clinician of the Year award to Vinod Gauba, consultant ophthalmologist and medical director at Imperial Healthcare Institute in Dubai.
The award was presented last night at the 2013 Arab Health Achievement and Innovation (AHAI) Awards at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, UAE.
Cleveland Clinic presents the award to a physician who has made great strides in making a positive impact on the lives of patients in the Middle East. Physicians are nominated by an institution or their peers, and only those professionals under the age of 40 are considered. The winner represents the following:
As this year’s winner, Gauba will receive the opportunity to observe clinical operations at Cleveland Clinic’s main campus in the US, sponsored by the organization’s Center for International Medical Education.
“Cleveland Clinic is pleased to once again honor a young physician who displays not only leadership, but also compassion for patients,” said Dr Bill Ruschhaupt, chairman of Cleveland Clinic Global Health Center and chair of the Cleveland Clinic Young Clinician Award judging panel. “We are honoured to be a part of the Arab Health Awards, and plan to utilize this forum in the future so that we can continue to honour our industry’s future leaders.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs