Environment group honours Dewa
Dubai, February 26, 2013
Emirates Environmental Group (EEG) recently honoured the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa) during its 16th annual ceremony, at the Zabeel Saray Hotel in Palm Jumeirah.
The event was held under the patronage of Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, president of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, chairman and chief executive, Emirates Airline and Group, and chairman of Dubai Airports.
Dewa was the platinum sponsor of the event organised by EEG to honour public and private institutions for their support to the group’s initiatives and campaigns to promote a clean environment and raise environmental awareness among community members.
The event also honoured individuals and institutions for their valuable contributions to promoting and developing the sustainable development agenda in the UAE, and the Arab region, a statement from EEG said.
The ceremony was attended by a number of dignitaries from the government and private sectors and supporters of the group’s initiatives. The representative of the UN secretary general and resident representative of UNDP, Paolo Lembo, was the keynote speaker.
“In line with the ‘Green Economy for Sustainable Development’ initiative launched by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai, to promote Dubai as a global hub for trade, finance and tourism, and led by our vision to become a sustainable world-class utility, Dewa supports initiatives that protect the environment. This is to achieve our goal of promoting sustainable development in Dubai, and creating a better future for our coming generations,” said Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, managing director and CEO of Dewa.
“Our support of these initiatives is a key pillar in the success of Dewa’s sustainable development initiatives and is key to achieving our strategic goals. We will continue to strengthen our cooperation with our partners to reach our common goals for a greener, cleaner environment.”
Habiba Al Marashi, chairperson of the Emirates Environmental Group, and president of the regional network of the global compact of the UN in the GCC, handed over the honorary shield to Ahmed Abdullah, deputy senior manager of external communications at Dewa; and Dr Bassam Mrayyan, senior manager for environment, Dewa. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- CGM acquires 3 European healthcare IT providers
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership