Al Areen to house top medical hospital
Manama, May 13, 2013
Bahrain-based Al Areen Holding Company has announced that its flagship project, the Al Areen Development, will feature a new component, the Al Areen Specialised Medical Hospital, a state-of-the-art medical facility.
Located on an area of approximately 25,000 sq m, and with views of the Arabian Gulf, the hospital will overlook the Al Areen Wildlife Park, a statement from the company said. This medical centre will be the first-of-its-kind in the region and is expected to augment the healthcare facilities, particularly in Bahrain, and to the region at large, offering highly qualified and experienced doctors and medical staff, using the latest in cutting-edge equipment.
An agreement was signed recently by Essam Janahi, representing the owners and Avenue Ventures (AV), a US-based firm who has acquired a 35 per cent stake in Al Areen Holding Company.
Dr Brian Perry and Dr Khawar Siddique, two senior doctors from Beverly Hills Spine Surgery and Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California will be the consultants to Avenue Ventures on its establishment and operation, the statement said.
“We at Al Areen Holding Company have celebrated a huge milestone with the partnership with Avenue Ventures, and the state-of-the-art hospital is a key component of our joint flagship project, Al Areen Development,” Janahi said.
“Our partnership with Avenue Ventures will help develop the project, clearly showing Al Areen’s new strategy and goals for development. The facility will enable us to provide excellent care with greater comfort and privacy for our patients in a peaceful environment. We are also pleased that the construction of this patient-centered hospital will provide many jobs for Bahrainis.”
This new hospital will include two sophisticated royal suites, two luxury suites and 10 single private rooms, the statement said. The center will also provide exclusive services to patients with doctors from the US offering pioneering and highly specialised cosmetic and laser treatments.
Other services will include specialised treatments in the fields of urology, andrology, obstetrics and gynecology (ObGyn) and in vitro fertilisation (IVF). In addition, a wellness clinic and internal medicine, radiology, laboratory and spacious operating rooms will be available.
“We are pleased to be part of this flagship project which is strategically located within the Gulf,” Dr Perry said. “With modern infrastructure, first-class surgical experience with revolutionary technology and state-of-the-art facilities, we promise to deliver quality healthcare solutions to our local and regional patients.”
“In addition, the project’s close proximity to the 5-star luxury Al Areen Palace and Spa further guarantees that our patients will have the perfect place to retreat and relax.”
“It is our intention to make this hospital one that matches standards with top United States hospitals and make it a destination where patients in the region and the world can avail of its unique specialized services for resolving difficult medical problems,” Dr Siddique said.
US General Wesley Clark, advisor to Avenue Ventures, said: “The hospital is a very appropriate and key component of the Al Areen project, which will serve as a central focal point for premium healthcare and medical tourism in the Kingdom, the GCC and region.”
“It is my belief that Al Areen development project is complemented very well with the addition of a high standards healthcare facility that’s capable of not only providing patients with high-class medical care, but will also provide them with maximum comfort,” said Yousif Daoud Al Sayegh, a consultant architect for Al Areen Project.
Dr Feras Al Khateeb said: “The plan for Al Areen hospital is to have several departments, each able to provide specialised healthcare to patients and patrons, which include urology, plastic surgery and infertility.”
With ample parking and a soothing landscaping, the hospital is designed to provide a welcoming and caring environment to advance the healing process and will focus on delivering excellence in customer service, providing an exceptional experience for patients, the statement said. Its location, alongside the Al Areen Palace & Spa Hotel provides hospitality services for inpatients, especially for those who are not Bahraini residents. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership
- Need for medical simulation training highlighted