Consortium to manage Khasab port
Muscat, July 17, 2007
A consortium comprising Oman's Port Services Corporation (PSC) and Germany's IQ Martrade has received an initial government approval to manage Oman's Khasab port, a report said.
The port is in the Musandam Governorate.
A memorandum of understanding (MoU) will be signed soon, Rajesh Khanna, business development and marketing manager of PSC, was quoted as saying by the Oman Daily Observer.
"Our plan is to form a joint venture with the German firm to manage the port," he said.
The concession agreement is expected to be for a long-term one. The responsibility of developing the infrastructure facility at the port is with the government.
There is also a proposal to develop a free trade zone in Khasab to make it a trans-shipment hub, the report said.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production