Agility wins excellence award
Dubai, January 12, 2008
Al Futtaim Retail Supply Chain honoured Agility, the leading global logistics provider, with the Service Excellence Award at an awards ceremony held at the Sheraton Jumeirah.
Al Futtaim is one of the largest and most successful business groups in the UAE, with brands such as Ikea, Marks & Spencer, Toyota, Lexus, Panasonic, IBM, Hertz and Volvo under its umbrella.
In the UAE, Agility provides a range of logistics solutions to Toys R Us that include warehousing, haulage and local distribution. Currently Agility has a stand alone dedicated warehouse for Toys R Us in Jebel Ali.
Agility dputy CEO, Middle East and Africa, Basem Chbaklo and country manager UAE, Majed Zambaraji accepted the award on behalf of Agility from group director, Al-Futtaim Retail Jim McCallum.
“It is very gratifying for us that Agility has been recognised at this event,” Chbaklo said. “We have worked with Toys R Us in Dubai since 2005 and have developed a strong partnership. This award is indicative of the high quality solutions Agility brings to the Al Futtaim group.”
Agility owns a fleet of over 4,000 vehicles in the Middle East that support a comprehensive network of warehousing and distribution services in the region. With a strong focus on personal service, Agility also offers a wide range of logistics solutions to meet individual business requirements. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014