Serco to manage Metro system for 10 years
Dubai, March 25, 2008
The Dubai Metro system will be managed and maintained by Serco for the first 10 years of its operation, a senior official was quoted as saying.
Serco, a UK-based international service company, will provide operation and maintenance services to all assets of Dubai Metro system during the period of contract, a Gulf News report said.
'The operator has been finalised after eight months of hectic work,' Mattar Al Tayer, chairman and chief executive of the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority, said.
Serco will also provide job opportunities to UAE nationals and achieve about 20 to 30 per cent Emiratisation within five years of commencing operation.
'We will have around 80 per cent of UAE nationals trained to run the Dubai Metro system by the end of the contract,' said Al Tayer.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC