Training for Salman port crane operators
Manama, September 9, 2008
Training has started with one of the most important sections of the equipment for the new Khalifa bin Salman Port in Baharain.
The Rubber Tyre Gantry cranes (RTGs), which are used for moving containers around the yard at the port, have been commissioned and the operations department at APM Terminals Bahrain has begun training operators.
The training is currently ongoing, seven-days-a-week on a 24-hour basis. The company aims to train 60 operators in 75 days. This is the first time this type of equipment is being used in Bahrain ports.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Extrusions unveils key techniques at Italy show
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans