O2 unveils $5m boat factory
Dubai, November 3, 2008
O2 Marine, a boat manufacturer, has opened a Dh19 million ($5.17 million) factory in Ajman, a report said.
The company expects the first year of operations to hit Dh10 million, according to the Gulf News report.
O2 is eyeing a market share of 10 to 25 per cent, on rising demand for boats. It will make 50 boats and yachts a year.
Presently it makes four boats a month, which will go up to six to nine boats, in two months, an official said.
Most of the boats they manufacture are for clients outside the UAE, he added.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai