Emirates Post issues commemorative stamps
Dubai, December 16, 2008
Emirates Post has issued commemorative stamps to mark the 10th anniversary of Shaikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Medical Sciences.
Issued in four denominations along with a distinctive souvenir sheet, the stamps are available at all post offices in the UAE. In addition, first-day covers are available at the philatelic counters of Karama, Deira and Abu Dhabi post offices.
“The Shaikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Medical Sciences is one of the prestigious awards of the UAE, and the medical fraternity attaches great importance to it. Emirates Post is proud to salute the Award through a set of distinctive stamps on its tenth anniversary,” said CEO of Emirates Post Ibrahim Bin Karam.
“As the Dubai consolidates its position on the global healthcare map, we are confident that the Award will gain greater prestige in years to come.”
As part of the 10th anniversary celebrations, a special exhibition opened on Tuesday at the Intercontinental Hotel, Dubai Festival City. Emirates Post will exhibit the new stamps as well as other stamps at the exhibition which will conclude on Wednesday.
Shaikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Medical Sciences was established in 1999 to honour medical scientists from every part of the world who tirelessly pursue distinctive medical research that serves the larger interest of humanity.
The initial focus of the foundation was on two major categories, the International and National categories. In the international category, there were three sections: the Grand Hamdan Award, three Research Excellence Awards and four awards for volunteers in humanitarian medical services.
In subsequent years, an additional category of the Arab World Award was introduced, followed by another award under UAE category - for best Clinical Department in the public sector.
A milestone was the opening of a centre for genetic research as a part of the research support in the UAE. The Centre for Arab Genomic Studies was established in 2003.
Another milestone in the history of the foundation was the launch of a New Medical Journal during the Award Ceremony of 2005-2006 Journal of Medical Sciences. The first official issue was published in January 2008. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo