Royal Jordanian, MK ink air freight deal
Amman, May 19, 2009
Royal Jordanian has signed an agreement with MK Airlines, one of the leading air freight companies based in Belgium, to jointly develop air freight services through Jordan and the Levant region.
The agreement highlights the intention of the two companies to co-operate to improve fleet utilization by complementing each other’s route networks, air freight handling equipments and mutual expertise.
RJ president/CEO Samer Majali and chairman of MK Airlines Dr. Abdullah Alanizi inked the pact on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum held recently in Jordan.
Majali said the two companies will be working towards feeding the capacity of RJ's Airbus A310s and MK Airlines' Boeing 747s and B767s, optimizing costs through joint utilization of each company's facilities, in particular for cargo handling.
Alanizi said that the companies will expand the memorandum of understanding through special prorate and block space agreements in various sectors.
He also said that meetings will be held regularly between the two companies in order to discuss and implement opportunities and review milestones and performances.
Alanizi stressed that the co-operation will be extended to produce handling, a particular area of expertise of MK Airlines, leaders in uplift of perishables like flowers and fish from many major markets in Africa.
MK Airlines is a cargo airline registered in the United Kingdom providing worldwide freight operations. Its main base is Ostend-Bruges International Airport, Belgium.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures