Equate unit starts production
Kuwait City, August 17, 2009
The Kuwait Styrene Company’s (TKSC) new Ethyl Benzene and Styrene Monomer (EBSM) plant has started commercial production.
With a production capacity of 450,000 tonnes per year (tpy) of Styrene Monomer (SM), the new plant is currently producing on-spec SM and will be run as part of Greater Equate’s integrated facility, said the Equate Petrochemical Company, the plant operator.
Commenting on this achievement, TKSC’s CEO Dan Gibbs said: “This is a significant milestone for TKSC’s customers, shareholders and Greater Equate overall as it not only increases Greater Equate’s production capacity but it also takes Kuwait into the manufacture of styrenics for the first time ever.”
Gibbs congratulated all who contributed to this successful project, noting “Despite some initial start-up challenges, we are proud of all our people to have achieved the start-up safely and in accordance with our overall strategy.”
Equate Marketing Company (EMC), TKSC’s sole SM outlet, will market all production from this unit and will be directing sales throughout its marketing channels.
Equate Petrochemical Company is the single operator of Greater Equate, which includes TKSC, Kuwait Paraxylene Production Company (KPPC) and The Kuwait Olefins Company (TKOC). – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn