DP World port voted best seaport in ME
Dubai, June 22, 2010
Jebel Ali terminal of DP World, one of the largest marine terminal operators in the world, has been voted the best seaport in the Middle East for the 16th consecutive time at a top Asian awards event in Shanghai.
The 24th Asian Freight and Supply Chain Awards (Afsca), organised by the Hong Kong-based transport and logistics newspaper Cargonews Asia, were presented at an event attended by more than 400 of Asia’s top executives from the cargo transport and supply chain industry.
The winners are chosen by thousands of readers of Cargonews Asia voting for the best-performing companies across a number of categories.
Jebel Ali Port was cited for its excellent infrastructure, cost competitiveness, customer-friendly fee regime, investment foresight, and facilitation of ancillary services such as logistics and freight forwarding facilities.
“Winning at Afsca is always special for us because of the tough criteria employed to judge port performance,” said Mohammed Al Muallem, senior vice president and managing director, DP World, UAE region.
“It is a tribute to our hard-working employees, our ability to deliver the best possible service in even adverse market conditions and our determination to reach out to our valued customers,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo