DP World port voted best seaport in ME
Dubai, June 22, 2010
Jebel Ali terminal of DP World, one of the largest marine terminal operators in the world, has been voted the best seaport in the Middle East for the 16th consecutive time at a top Asian awards event in Shanghai.
The 24th Asian Freight and Supply Chain Awards (Afsca), organised by the Hong Kong-based transport and logistics newspaper Cargonews Asia, were presented at an event attended by more than 400 of Asia’s top executives from the cargo transport and supply chain industry.
The winners are chosen by thousands of readers of Cargonews Asia voting for the best-performing companies across a number of categories.
Jebel Ali Port was cited for its excellent infrastructure, cost competitiveness, customer-friendly fee regime, investment foresight, and facilitation of ancillary services such as logistics and freight forwarding facilities.
“Winning at Afsca is always special for us because of the tough criteria employed to judge port performance,” said Mohammed Al Muallem, senior vice president and managing director, DP World, UAE region.
“It is a tribute to our hard-working employees, our ability to deliver the best possible service in even adverse market conditions and our determination to reach out to our valued customers,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production