Fluor wins Abu Dhabi transport deal
Texas (US), August 24, 2010
US-based Fluor Corporation said it has won a contract from the Abu Dhabi Department of Transport (DoT) to provide program management consultancy (PMC) services for the emirate's new integrated public transportation network.
A Fortune 200 US company, Fluor designs, builds and maintains many of the world's most challenging and complex projects.
'We are extremely proud to secure this strategic award in competition with such an extensive field of world-class transportation consultants,' said Patrick Flaherty, head of Fluor's Infrastructure business line.
'We commend the Abu Dhabi DoT on the transparency and quality of its procurement process and we are honored by the confidence they have shown in Fluor's technical strength and local knowledge to award us this very important program,' he added.
Fluor clinched the DoT contract after a rigorous and competitive procurement process which included a number of international competitors with significant transportation and management consultancy experience, Flaherty said.
The DoT utilized panels of world-class experts to evaluate the proposals and presentations and to provide a recommendation for the best qualified bidder, the compoany said in a statement.
The sweeping mass-transit system is being created in response to the emirate's anticipated growth over the coming decades and in support of the vision articulated in 'Plan Abu Dhabi 2030,' it added.
Integrating the Public Transport Network with the surrounding residential and commercial developments will be a focus of the project, encouraging ridership, reducing automobile usage and improving the quality of life in Abu Dhabi.
As per the agreement, Fluor will provide consulting services to the Abu Dhabi DoT on all aspects of the program which will include transportation modeling, system integration, design, procurement, construction, commercial development, funding analysis and other relevant components for the overall program.
Working in partnership with the recently established DoT, the Fluor team will also help the government department implement an organizational development program and build a new public transport market, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures