Gulf Metal Craft to double production
Dubai, August 31, 2010
Gulf Metal Craft (GMC), the leading manufacturer of metal enclosures in the UAE, plans to double production capacity by expanding its existing factory in Jebel Ali, Dubai.
The expansion will include construction of new buildings as well as procurement of additional machinery and equipment, a company statement said.
“Since past two years, we have been focusing on overseas opportunities, and having built a strong presence in markets such as Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Iraq, Sudan and Jordan, we are confident of the growth prospects for GMC in the export markets,” said Basem Abu Shamleh, general manager of Gulf Metal Craft.
“The expansion opens the door for GMC to supply a whole range of sheet metal products and consolidate its position as a preferred supplier in the export markets.”
“The additional factory area and new machinery will increase GMC’s production capacity by 75 per cent, and will facilitate the manufacture of new products including cable tray management system. Approvals for the new buildings are being obtained from the authorities and we expect the expansion to be completed by the first quarter of 2011,” added Abu Shamleh.
The new machinery will include a state-of-the-art powder coating line, a gasket robot machine and bending machines.
GMC is a subsidiary of Masharie, the private equity arm of Dubai Investments. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- IAA re-boots for 75th anniversary
- Bahrain port welcomes largest container vessel
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai