PetroRabigh power outage hits operations
Riyadh, October 24, 2010
Saudi-based Rabigh Refining and Petrochemical Company (PetroRabigh) said on Sunday it was working to restore operations at most its units which were disrupted after a power outage on Saturday.
"A sudden interruption of electrical power supplies occurred from the supplying company to PetroRabigh complex which caused major electrical power interruptions to most of the complex units and temporarily affected the operations," the firm said in a statement to the stock exchange.
The statement did not specify which units were affected or when they will start operating again. "Efforts are currently in progress to resume power supplies and restor units operations to its normal status," it said.
PetroRabigh is a joint-venture between Saudi Aramco and Japan's Sumitomo Chemical and it has three polyethylene units at its giant petrochemical complex in Rabigh, located on the Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai
- Sipchem unit secures loan for new project
- Alba names power station director
- Bahrain to set up new building materials firm