GPCA opens plastics innovation awards
Dubai, January 18, 2011
The Gulf Petrochemical & Chemicals Association (GPCA) is inviting nominations for the inaugural GPCA Plastics Innovation Awards.
Designed to monitor, stimulate and reward excellence and creativity in plastics products and conversion as well as the environmental consciousness of companies in the region, the awards ceremony will be held during the second GPCA Plastics Summit taking place from April 4 to 6 in Dubai.
“With current plastic production in the Gulf incredibly buoyant and expected to grow markedly over the next five years, it is imperative that we encourage and reward those who have made a significant contribution to this phenomenal growth,” said secretary general of the GPCA, Dr Abdulwahab Al-Sadoun.
“There is immense potential for technological innovation in the region that can help reduce costs, improve efficiency and at the same time benefit the environment. An award show such as this, with its high-level jury, specific guidelines and focus on innovation, is certain to attract the brightest ideas and minds,” he added.
Organizations eligible to apply for the award are plastic conversion facilities, research and development centers, regional universities and vocational institutions. The application deadline is the February 19 with the shortlist scheduled to be announced on the March 23.
The GPCA has outlined four categories of awards.
Category I, ‘Plastic Products’, analyzes packaging, consumer goods, construction and agricultural plastic products. Category II, ‘Processing and Conversion’, will determine excellence in processing, manufacturing and recipes.
Category III, ‘Plastics and Environment’ assesses the environmental footprint of each plastic good. Lastly, Category IV awards the individual or group who has made extraordinary achievements in plastics and plastics conversion.
The prize winner of each category will receive a GPCA Plastics Innovation Awards trophy and certificate, mentions in GPCA’s newsletter & website besides publicity in regional media and a one year free membership to the GPCA. The winner of Category IV will additionally receive a fiscal prize of $5,000. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures