Egypt's OCI eyes fertiliser plant projects
Cairo, March 28, 2011
Egypt's Orascom Construction Industries (OCI) said on Monday it had agreed to form a partnership with Italy's Maire Tecnimont to investigate possible fertiliser plant projects in sub-Saharan Africa.
'The 50/50 partnership will take charge of all aspects of proposed projects, including engineering, procurement and construction, licensing, plant operation, equity participation, partnership and debt financing arrangements,' OCI said in an emailed statement.
OCI and Maire Tecnimont earlier this month signed a $146 million contract to finish civil works and building projects at a petrochemical project in Abu Dhabi.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects