Singapore firm starts operations at BIIP
Manama, July 12, 2011
MTQ Corporation Limited Group, a leading Singapore-based engineering company, has begun operations at its new state-of-the-art facility at the Bahrain International Investment Park (BIIP).
MTQ's total investment in the new Bahrain operation will be in excess of $25 million, said a company statement.
The group initially plans to provide up to 110 jobs for highly skilled operators and on completion of its stage two expansion, the company plans to employ over 250 people in Bahrain.
The company has a strong commitment to employing Bahrainis and will provide a dedicated training programme geared to meet their requirements.
MTQ conducted a signing ceremony with the Bahrain Training Institute at their new facility at the BIIP.
It has sent eight BTI mechanical engineering graduates to Singapore for seven weeks of special training in machining, rigging and safety training.
This will be the first time that BTI graduates have been sent to Singapore for special in-company training.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export