Asry, UK power firm set up joint venture
Manama, October 10, 2011
Bahrain-based Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard (Asry) has established a joint venture company in the UK with Centrax, the British power generation packaging specialist.
The joint venture, Asry-Centrax, sees both parties holding 50 per cent of the new company, which has been established to produce a design for a multi-application power barge concept, essentially a floating electricity generating power stations.
The multi-application power barge design will utilise twin Centrax gas turbine generator sets powered by two Rolls-Royce Trent 60 aero-derivative gas turbines.
The design, known as the Turbine Power Barge 125, utilises the respective strengths of Asry, which has designed the barges and will build them in Bahrain, and Centrax and Rolls-Royce will offer a uniquely accomplished power barge solution, not only in the quality of the engineering but also, most importantly, from an operational perspective. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport