Ministry backs new Bahraini ventures
Manama, October 11, 2011
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro emphasised continuation of the ministry's approach which seeks to improve and facilitate start-up procedures for commercial and industrial enterprises.
The ministry also aims to remove all obstacles and constraints that might affect smooth workflow, said Dr Hassan Fakhro during the 14th ministerial committee meeting to facilitate procedures and transactions in the industrial and commercial sectors.
The meeting was chaired by the minister and attended by members consisting of senior officials from ministries and government agencies concerned with industry and commerce sectors, representatives from the private sector and businessmen.
The Industry and Commerce Ministry's strategy is in harmony with the Bahrain's Economic Vision 2030, he added.
The meeting reviewed a number of important topics, including the visualisation by the Central Bank of Bahrain and the Economic Development Board on the Commercial Companies Act and municipal fees levied on factories.
The committee emphasised the importance of cancelling municipal fees imposed on industrial installations in order to facilitate their work.
It also discussed ways to cancel training fees imposed by the Labour Ministry on factories, as well as customs exemptions for equipment, machinery and raw materials.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad