Ministry backs new Bahraini ventures
Manama, October 11, 2011
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro emphasised continuation of the ministry's approach which seeks to improve and facilitate start-up procedures for commercial and industrial enterprises.
The ministry also aims to remove all obstacles and constraints that might affect smooth workflow, said Dr Hassan Fakhro during the 14th ministerial committee meeting to facilitate procedures and transactions in the industrial and commercial sectors.
The meeting was chaired by the minister and attended by members consisting of senior officials from ministries and government agencies concerned with industry and commerce sectors, representatives from the private sector and businessmen.
The Industry and Commerce Ministry's strategy is in harmony with the Bahrain's Economic Vision 2030, he added.
The meeting reviewed a number of important topics, including the visualisation by the Central Bank of Bahrain and the Economic Development Board on the Commercial Companies Act and municipal fees levied on factories.
The committee emphasised the importance of cancelling municipal fees imposed on industrial installations in order to facilitate their work.
It also discussed ways to cancel training fees imposed by the Labour Ministry on factories, as well as customs exemptions for equipment, machinery and raw materials.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan