Ministry backs new Bahraini ventures
Manama, October 11, 2011
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro emphasised continuation of the ministry's approach which seeks to improve and facilitate start-up procedures for commercial and industrial enterprises.
The ministry also aims to remove all obstacles and constraints that might affect smooth workflow, said Dr Hassan Fakhro during the 14th ministerial committee meeting to facilitate procedures and transactions in the industrial and commercial sectors.
The meeting was chaired by the minister and attended by members consisting of senior officials from ministries and government agencies concerned with industry and commerce sectors, representatives from the private sector and businessmen.
The Industry and Commerce Ministry's strategy is in harmony with the Bahrain's Economic Vision 2030, he added.
The meeting reviewed a number of important topics, including the visualisation by the Central Bank of Bahrain and the Economic Development Board on the Commercial Companies Act and municipal fees levied on factories.
The committee emphasised the importance of cancelling municipal fees imposed on industrial installations in order to facilitate their work.
It also discussed ways to cancel training fees imposed by the Labour Ministry on factories, as well as customs exemptions for equipment, machinery and raw materials.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production