Alba Q3 sales up 8.4pc, beats forecast
Manama, October 17, 2011
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) said its sales volume for the third quarter surged 8.4 per cent to 220,608 metric tonnes (MT) compared to 203,474 MT last year, beating the company’s own forecast.
Commenting on the milestone on Monday, Alba's chief executive, Laurent Schmitt said the production figures for the third quarter hit 222,552 MT, up 5 per cent compared to 211,854 MT last year.
'In addition, the value-added sales represented 67 per cent of the total sales in the third quarter versus 62 per cent for the same period in 2010,' he stated.
According to Schmitt, the sales for September alone increased by 16 per cent compared to 66,191 MT in the third quarter.
'Overall, the increase in sales came as a result of higher production by the company thanks to the continuous improvement of its operational efficiency,' he noted.
Schmitt said the success Alba has delivered in third quarter is primarily due to the dynamic teamwork shown by Alba workforce in enabling the company meet its goals.
'We are confident that with the continued support of our loyal employees, Alba remains well placed in sustaining a positive outlook for the company through the remainder of 2011,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event