Alba Q3 sales up 8.4pc, beats forecast
Manama, October 17, 2011
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) said its sales volume for the third quarter surged 8.4 per cent to 220,608 metric tonnes (MT) compared to 203,474 MT last year, beating the company’s own forecast.
Commenting on the milestone on Monday, Alba's chief executive, Laurent Schmitt said the production figures for the third quarter hit 222,552 MT, up 5 per cent compared to 211,854 MT last year.
'In addition, the value-added sales represented 67 per cent of the total sales in the third quarter versus 62 per cent for the same period in 2010,' he stated.
According to Schmitt, the sales for September alone increased by 16 per cent compared to 66,191 MT in the third quarter.
'Overall, the increase in sales came as a result of higher production by the company thanks to the continuous improvement of its operational efficiency,' he noted.
Schmitt said the success Alba has delivered in third quarter is primarily due to the dynamic teamwork shown by Alba workforce in enabling the company meet its goals.
'We are confident that with the continued support of our loyal employees, Alba remains well placed in sustaining a positive outlook for the company through the remainder of 2011,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'