Alba backs top engineering summit
Manama, October 22, 2011
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, will be the gold sponsor for an upcoming process engineering conference in Bahrain.
The first Middle East Process Engineering Conference & Exhibition 2011 (MEPEC 2011) will be held from October 23 to 26 at the Gulf International Convention Centre, Gulf Hotel.
Alba’s sponsorship to the event under the theme: “Towards Technological Excellence and Innovative Solutions” is worth more than $25,000.
The organisers of this event– are the Saudi Arabian Section of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (SAS-AIChE) and the Bahrain Society of Engineers supported by AIChE.
Alba’s process control manager Avinash Mittal will be making a presentation on “Quality Improvement Techniques in Alba” during this conference on October 25.
Alba’s chief executive Laurent Schmitt said: “It is our privilege to support this inaugural conference and exhibition that brings together process and chemical professionals from around the world to network with each other as well as to learn of new developments in the industry. We are confident not only of this event’s success in the years to come, but also, its vital role in raising the Middle East’s profile as one of the global centres for the chemical industry.”
MEPEC 2011 is expected to bring together experts from across the world to share practical experiences, innovative ideas and strategies for cutting costs and maximising return on investment in process engineering issues related to plant design, operation and maintenance. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan