Nexans launches cable for data centres
Dubai, November 30, 2011
Nexans, a global leader in the cable industry, has launched a new, thinner cable which has been specifically developed for the high-density, short link environment of data centres.
The new Lanmark-6 10G DC50 cable addresses the commonplace issue facing data centre managers - minimal space, said a statement from Nexans.
Data centre facilities are required to support a very high density of cabling but often for relatively short distances, compared to office infrastructures, it stated.
According to Nexans, the data centre managers are constantly looking to improve space usage to maximise the available capacity, and minimise any restrictions to the flow of air which is used for cooling.
The new screened cable makes use of 26AWG solid conductors and supports all existing Ethernet applications, up to 10Gigabit, over 50m link lengths.
By reducing the supported distance to 50m, the cable diameter can be reduced to a nominal diameter of only 5.9mm, compared to 7.6mm for a standard Cat 6A cable, said the cable industry leader.
In high density environments where large cable bundles are installed, this benefit is multiplied and an overall space saving of 40 per cent can be achieved, it stated.
With smaller conductors, the screened DC50 cable provides compact and cost effective 10Gigabit cabling for the data centre, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan