Bahrain GOP discusses key issues
Manama, December 14, 2011
Bahrain General Organisation of Sea Ports (GOP) board discussed several key issues including the implementation of its business plans and development of a bulk materials terminal during its recent meeting.
The meeting, which was held under the chairmanship of Shaikh Daij bin Salman Al Khalifa, also reviewed the budget for 2012.
At the meeting, the board members agreed to align GOP's activities to fully support the priorities agreed upon during the recent National Dialogue.
The board issued directives to further accelerate the development of the bulk materials terminal at the Mina Salman Port so that the terminal becomes fully operational as early as possible.
Shaikh Daij said the GOP considered the construction of this dedicated terminal a strategic project of utmost importance that will facilitate the import and distribution of building materials required to meet the housing and other construction projects within the Kingdom.
The board congratulated the Bahrain Logistics Zone team for winning the Free Zone Authority award at the Seatrade Middle East and Indian Subcontinent Awards 2011 ceremony.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures