Bahrain GOP discusses key issues
Manama, December 14, 2011
Bahrain General Organisation of Sea Ports (GOP) board discussed several key issues including the implementation of its business plans and development of a bulk materials terminal during its recent meeting.
The meeting, which was held under the chairmanship of Shaikh Daij bin Salman Al Khalifa, also reviewed the budget for 2012.
At the meeting, the board members agreed to align GOP's activities to fully support the priorities agreed upon during the recent National Dialogue.
The board issued directives to further accelerate the development of the bulk materials terminal at the Mina Salman Port so that the terminal becomes fully operational as early as possible.
Shaikh Daij said the GOP considered the construction of this dedicated terminal a strategic project of utmost importance that will facilitate the import and distribution of building materials required to meet the housing and other construction projects within the Kingdom.
The board congratulated the Bahrain Logistics Zone team for winning the Free Zone Authority award at the Seatrade Middle East and Indian Subcontinent Awards 2011 ceremony.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DHL celebrates Bahrain national day
- Qatar Petroleum unit set for $880m IPO
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2