Bahra starts PVC production at new factory
Jeddah, January 21, 2012
Bahra Cables, a subsidiary of Saudi's Construction Products Holding Company (CPC), said it has started production of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) compound at its new factory in Jeddah.
The Saudi company said its annual output capacity was more than 36,000 tons per year.
Bahra Cables Company sources PVC feedstock for the new factory from Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic) to produce the granules used for jacketing and insulating cables.
“The compound will go to our cable factory in Bahra and more than meet our needs of 12,000 tons of plastic per year,” said Talal Idriss, CEO of Bahra Cables Company.
The factory, built with the expertise of Buss Company of Switzerland, is completely integrated and equipped with the latest technologies in the field, he stated.
“The new factory eliminates the need for local sourcing, ensures the production of superior quality of cables and creates jobs for citizens,” Idriss said.
According to Idriss, the company has so far recruited 30 young Saudis in the new manufacturing plant.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu