Jotun to participate in ‘Qatar Projects’
Doha, February 2, 2012
Jotun Paints will participate at this year’s edition of ‘Qatar Projects 2012,’ which will be held from February 5 - 8, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Doha.
The event is being held under the patronage of Dr Mohammed Saleh al-Sada, Minister of Energy & Industry and chairman and managing director, Qatar Petroleum; and will provide insight into Qatar’s current project market.
Jotun’s participation is in line with its continuing move to strengthen its market presence across Qatar’s rapidly growing paint segment, which has been estimated to be worth over QR 300 million ($82.42 million), the company said.
It is also aimed at Jotun’s move to consolidate its leading position in the Middle East region by offering world class high quality paints and coatings, a statement from Jotun said.
To date, the company has reported a total of over QR150 million ($41.21 million) worth of projects that have already been completed, ongoing and are currently in the pipeline.
The strong construction boom prompted by the preparations for Qatar’s hosting of the 2022 FIFA World Cup has stirred in a large demand for paint and coatings like intumescent coating, floor coating, powder coating, decorative coating, marine and protective coating.
Market reports have also revealed a strong preference for products that adhere to ‘green’ standards, the statement said.
Gunnar Eikebu, country manager - Qatar, Jotun Paints, said: 'During the event, we will be throwing the spotlight on our unique range of products that have been developed using state-of-the-art R&D and technology – and is focused on sustainability and protecting property.”
Jotun’s commitment to Qatar’s paint market is backed by an extensive and continuous product development initiative and a growing portfolio of global and regional projects, it said.
Its current projects include the first three towers in Lusail, some phases of the new Doha International Airport, Barwa Financial District, Barzan Camp (Phase 2), 60 per cent of Sidra Medical and Research Centre, Barwa City Housing, Qatar Radio and TV complex, Qatar Islamic Centre, World Trade Centre and at least 90 per cent of the Kahramaa sub-stations.
Highlights of the event includes sessions highlighting advice on investment, trade and the role of the private sector from the Ministry of Business & Trade and the Qatar Chamber of Commerce & Industry; complete project information into the scope and opportunities of Qatar rail projects from QRail, Qatar Railways Development Company, AECOM, Atkins and Al Jaber Engineering and energy sector specific client-led presentations from Nakilat, Qatar Energy City, Qatar Petroleum, Shell and QAFCO. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai