Leoni denies plans to close Tunisia unit
Nuremberg (Germany), February 13, 2012
Leoni, a leading provider of cables and cable systems to the automotive sector and other industries, said it has no plans to close its Tunisian plant in Mateur North.
Denying media reports of unit closure, Leoni stated that the production at the Tunisian site was briefly hit (from Friday to Sunday) due to unlawful behaviour of certain employees.
The German cable giant said it had resumed production again today (February 13).
Leoni produces wiring systems for the European automotive and supplier industry at all its four Tunisian plants. Altogether, Leoni employs about 14,000 staff in Tunisia, 2,500 of which work in Mateur North.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai
- Sipchem unit secures loan for new project
- Alba names power station director