Saudia Cargo boosts charter activity
Jeddah, February 15, 2012
Saudi Airlines Cargo increases its activity in the global charter market with the operation of a special B747-400F, the largest of the palletized cargo aircraft, on the Doha - Vitoria (Spain) sector.
Marking its definitive return to this sector, Saudi Airlines Cargo said this demonstrates the quality of the logistics services offered by the company and its ability to deliver urgent shipments across the globe at competitive prices.
The airline had used the B747-400F, one of many such charters operated on an ad hoc basis for its customers, it added.
“The cargo charter operated between Vitoria Spain and Doha Qatar last month showed that Saudi Cargo can provide cost effective, logistical solutions to our customers and demonstrated the outsized cargo capabilities of our fleet,” remarked Steve Manser, director-charter sales at Saudi Airlines Cargo.
'The team effort of everyone involved meant that our customer was extremely pleased and the urgent cargo was delivered in a timely manner,' he added.
Saudi Airlines Cargo operates scheduled freighter services with 12 freighters and sells the belly-capacity on 140 passenger aircraft for Saudi Arabian Airlines spanning a rapidly expanding global network of 225 destinations.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair