Saudia Cargo boosts charter activity
Jeddah, February 15, 2012
Saudi Airlines Cargo increases its activity in the global charter market with the operation of a special B747-400F, the largest of the palletized cargo aircraft, on the Doha - Vitoria (Spain) sector.
Marking its definitive return to this sector, Saudi Airlines Cargo said this demonstrates the quality of the logistics services offered by the company and its ability to deliver urgent shipments across the globe at competitive prices.
The airline had used the B747-400F, one of many such charters operated on an ad hoc basis for its customers, it added.
“The cargo charter operated between Vitoria Spain and Doha Qatar last month showed that Saudi Cargo can provide cost effective, logistical solutions to our customers and demonstrated the outsized cargo capabilities of our fleet,” remarked Steve Manser, director-charter sales at Saudi Airlines Cargo.
'The team effort of everyone involved meant that our customer was extremely pleased and the urgent cargo was delivered in a timely manner,' he added.
Saudi Airlines Cargo operates scheduled freighter services with 12 freighters and sells the belly-capacity on 140 passenger aircraft for Saudi Arabian Airlines spanning a rapidly expanding global network of 225 destinations.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production