Dubal chief wins excellence award
Dubai, April 11, 2012
Abdulla Jassim Kalban, the president & CEO of Dubai Aluminium (Dubal), a major single-site aluminium smelter, was honoured with the Industrial CEO Excellence Award at the recent Middle East CEO of the Year Awards in Dubai.
The awards, hosted by the Middle East Excellence Awards Institute, honour successful government and business sector leaders whose vision, direction, exemplary contributions and initiatives have laid the groundwork for their organizations’ successes.
In particular, the awards recognize leaders who have achieved impressive growth and profit through innovation, injecting vitality into their organizations, engendering pride among their organization’s stakeholders, and taken advantage of opportunities despite global economic uncertainty and market challenges.
Dubal’s Khalid Essa Buhumaid, vice president Corporate Relations & International Affairs, received the award from Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim, Former Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia on Kalban’s behalf. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award