Asry sales soar 13pc to $169m
Manama, May 13, 2012
Bahrain-based Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard Company (Asry) said its sales reached $168.756 million last year, up 13 per cent over 2010 sales of $149.174 million.
This was announced during its 37th ordinary meeting attended by representatives of the shareholding countries - Bahrain, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Libya.
During the meeting, the general assembly approved the 37th annual report of the company's activities and the audited financial statements for 2011.
The number of ships repaired last year was 200 compared to 210 vessels in 2010 and 168 vessels in 2009.
The general assembly also highlighted the company's results for the first three months of 2012. It said sales reached $40.080 million and 60 vessels were repaired up to May 5.
The general assembly chairman thanked members, board of directors, the executive management and employees for their sincere efforts and hard work.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants