Almajdouie moves huge reactors to Yanbu project
Jeddah, May 17, 2012
Almajdouie Heavylift and MPSC, a joint venture between Almajdouie and Fagioli, have successfully moved four massive reactor units for a project in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.
Almajdouie transported the units from Yanbu Industrial Port to Yanbu Export Refinery Project (YERP) site for its client Daelim.
The Hydrocracking Reactors, two weighing 1,660 tons and the other two weighing 790 tons were hauled 17 km safely to the site, said a statement.
The heavy reactors had to pass over seven culverts along the main access roads. Almajdouie’s in-house team fixed sufficient scaffolding supports underneath the culvert, as per the engineering specifications, to ensure the safe traverse of the cargo over the culverts, it said.
Almajdouie has over five decades of experience serving local, regional and international clients in this sector. Almajdouie and its partners and joint ventures, like MPSC, have become experts in the engineering and transportation of unusual, heavy and over-dimensional cargo.
In recent times Almajdouie and MPSC have moved the world’s largest evaporators weighing nearly 5,000 tons each, at the Ras Al Khair Project in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. Also successfully completed in recent times was the landmark project to transport 1,293-tonne bullet tanks on a special route from Dammam to Jubail, a total distance of around 150km on self-propelled modular trailers.
Good planning and coordination plays a vital role in such movements. The team, in collaboration with its client, assess potential risks and difficulties and undertake road surveys prior to planning a transport route; and assessing the most appropriate specialized equipment to be used for the completion of the project, said the statement.
Almajdouie has successfully handled many cargoes from small to super-heavy for numerous major projects in Saudi Arabia, including Ghazlan Power Plant, Berri Gas Plant, Hawiyah Gas Plant, Haradh Gas plant, Rastanura Co-Generation Plant, Rastanura DHT Plant, Rabigh Olefin Refinery, Khursaniya Gas Plant, Rabigh Power Plant, Ma’aden Ammonia Plant, Ma’aden Phosphate Plant, Karan Gas Plant, Shuaibah Power Plant and Marafiq IWPP.
Currently the company is or will be transporting major cargo on the following projects: Jubail Export Refinery Project (JERP), Yanbu Export Refinery (YERP), Dhurma Power Plant, Qurayyah Power Plant, Wasit Gas Plant, Manifa Gas Plant, Ras Al Khair Desalination Plant, Ras Al Khair Power Plant, Rabigh Power Plant, Yanbu 3 Project, Petro-Rabigh, Shaybah Refinery, as well as others. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai